Friday, May 25, 2012

Frustration...Grrrrr....

This post is technically not about a book, but instead about the frustration of reading a book.  Specifically, the frustration of finding out that the book you have been reading is part of a series.  This is especially frustrating when there is no mention of previous books on any part of the book. 

It might just be me, but I can't stand to pick up a story in the middle.  I know that there are tons of books that are within a series that can stand alone.  Furthermore, this author was particularly good at making the reader understand the past events without having read the books. However, I cannot help but feel I have missed vital parts of the characters pasts without having read the previous books. 

Now that I know, I can't seem to get past it.  I had to stop reading book #3, and now that I am involved, I have to go get book #1 and #2.  Does anyone else feel this way??  I really hope I am not sitting alone on crazy island with this one.

Anyway, I have started reading a new book, City of Bones, while I wait for the two prequels to Sacrilege.  Ironically, one of the two prequels was already on my to-read list, so at least I am consistent.

6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate, I was reading a book once, finished the whole book. Then went on the author's website only to realize it was the 4th in the series. I hate when that happens it is so unbelievably frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally on crazy island with you! I have to read a series in order or it will drive me crazy. I hope that you are able to obtain your prequels fairly quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah luckily one of them was a bargain book at Barnes!! Welcome to crazy island!!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm started to feel like I have some company on crazy island!!! yeah!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamour Amour kit by Irene Alexeeva and the Oh La La kit by NewLifeDreams Design