Thursday, June 21, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!!!

I have been lucky enough to have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award by three of readers!!!  This makes me so happy, you don't even know!  And since I am so excited, I have decided to answer all three sets of post questions, then nominate my Liebster Blog Winners.  Thanks again Insomnia of Books, Andrea Hetsley Books, and xo'reads!!!


Here are the rules:


  1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
  2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you've tagged.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Tell them you've tagged them.
  5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 Facts About Me:

  1. I have a 1 year old Cocker Spaniel puppy named Sloopy (as in Hang on Sloopy).
  2. In case that seems weird, I can explain! I am an alumni of The Ohio State University, with a B.A. in English.  Hang on Sloopy is one of our school songs.
  3. I am a practising attorney in Ohio.
  4. I am married, but no kids yet.  I have an older brother and a younger sister.
  5. I have memorized the first paragraph of the Gettyburg Address.  No it wasn't a school assignment, I'm just a nerd.
  6. I was a member of The Ohio State University Marching Band. TBDBITL
  7. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.
  8. I went to Frnace & Italy in 2010 and it changed my life.
  9. I studied English Literature abroad in London, England.
  10. I have read Moby Dick and Anna Karenina.  It's an accomplishment, trust me.
  11. I love Starbucks!  Especially, the Starbucks in Barnes & Noble.  Books and coffee, what could be better??? Well, it would be better if they had wine, but then how would I get home?  Wait, if Barnes and Noble has wine, coffee and books...why would I need to leave?  Interesting....
11 Questions asked by tagger Insomnia of Books:

1. What is your favorite drink?
  • Spumante, which is Italian version of Champagne.
2. If you were on a deserted island, what two things would you take with you?
  • Can I take a working cell phone???  Otherwise, I would want a knife and a lighter...I know boring but practical.
3. If you were able to invent something, what would you invent, and why?
  • Something that would tell me if I am going to like a book.
4. What is your next read? Are you excited about it?
  • Probably The Beautiful and the Damned, by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. Which do you prefer: reading paperback and hardcover, or reading e-copies on Kindle and iPad?
  • Paperback, but not mass market.
6. Chocolate-flavored icecream or vanilla-flavored icecream?
  • Chocolate!!!
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you want it to happen to you?
  • I am married, so it probably wouldn't be good at this point.  I believe in it for books and movies, but not necessarily life.  Being with someone forever is hard, and love is sometimes a choice instead of an affliction.  I guess I just think we have control, sometimes, over who we love, and love at first site means that you don't.
8. Do you like historical novels? Why or why not?
  • Love them!!!  It takes me to a simpler time, in a world I am unfamiliar with.
9. What is your favorite book? and why?
  • Pride and Prejudice, because it's the game of love.
10. What is your favorite place to read?
  • I have a study (library with a desk), and in that room I have my great-grandfathers captain's chair.  I curl up in their and the dog comes with me and lays on the ottoman.
11. If you want to go on a vacation, where would you go?
  • Florence, Italy.

11 Questions from tagger Andrea Hetsley Books:

1. How long have you been blogging?


  • Two Months
2. What genre do you blog about?
  • Fiction and some Nonfiction
3. Where are you from?
  • Ironton, Ohio
4. Do you have any ARC's right now, if so what?
  • No
5. What are you currently reading?

  • The Beautiful and the Damned
6. Who is your favorite author of all time?
  • Jane Austen
7. Do you usually read mainstream or indie authors?
  • Mainstream
9. Do you give your read books away, run contests with them, or keep them?
  • I keep them, but when I have extras I have contests!
10. How many books are in your TBR pile?
  • It's infinite...but at least ten.
11. What is your favorite food?

  • Probably pasta
11 Questions from tagger xo'reads:

1. favorite novel/series
  • See above...
2.how many books do you own
  • Who knows?! I have five bookcases, plus books in my bedroom, living room and basement. From 600-1000.
3.what made you start a blog
  • My husband got tired of listening to me.
4.where do you see yourself in the future
  • Being a mom, working as a lawyer, and reading...living the dream.
5.what character would you want to be
  • Elizabeth Bennet, b/c who doesn't want Mr. Darcy?
6. would you ever consider writting a novel
  • Yeah, but I'm too scared and busy right now!
7. the novel that has stayed with you the longest
  • Pride & Prejudice
8.what character do you wish you could date
  • Ummm...can't you already tell? Mr. Darcy!
9. favorite novel genre
  • Probably historical fiction
10.what character do you think youre most like
  • Elizabeth Bennet, b/c I am stubborn and I love to read.
11. what are you most known for
  • reading.

My 11 Tags for the Liebster Award are:
  1. Batty for Books and Loving It
  2. Reading Under the Willow Tree
  3. Contagious Reads...books and more!
  4. I'm a reader, what about you? (Ja čitam, a ti)
  5. The Tiny Book Nook
  6. Reader's Corner
  7. Read That Also
  8. Lola's Book Cafe
  9. Know Your Books
  10. Harley Bear Book Blog
  11. Half Filled Attic

My 11 Questions are:
  1. What is one of your favorite quotes?
  2. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
  3. What sound do you love?
  4. Cats or Dogs?
  5. Favorite Sport to watch or play?
  6. What is your favorite book, movie, and song?
  7. If you could speak any language, what would it be and why?
  8. What is your guilty pleasure?
  9. What's your favorite midnight snack?
  10. Favorite drink?
  11. Where is your favorite place to read?



6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Thanks for the tag!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, Amy! Once I figure out how this all works, I'll do my answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag! Heres my reply back

    http://felicia-readerscorner.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Glamour Amour kit by Irene Alexeeva and the Oh La La kit by NewLifeDreams Design