The Alpha Male
I was reading twitter, and I read this great post by Talk to the Shoe called The Lure of the Alpha Male. As a huge Jericho Barrons, Marie Moning, and Fever Series fan, I started thinking...Who are the best Alpha Males in books?
What fascinating for me is that when it comes to literary characters, most of my beliefs and feelings are tossed out the window at the mention of a sexy, strong, and animistic alpha male. Honestly, I have a degree in women's studies, and I couldn't care less! When I read books with guys like Jericho, my intelligence goes right out the window!
So, I wanted to make a list...you all know how I like them...of my favorite Alpha Males. Would love to hear your edits.
- Jericho Barrons from the Fever Series by Karen Moning
- Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Will Herondale from Infernal Device Series by Cassandra Clare
- Eric Northman from Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
- Dageus MacKeltar from The Highlander Series by Karen Moning
I am open to all suggestions on this one! I was thinking of adding Damon from the Vampire Diaries? I also am thinking of adding Mikhail Dubrinsky from The Dark Prince by Christine Feehan.
I also want to know of any Alpha Males that I missing because I haven't read them yet!!! My TBR pile is waiting!!!