Top Ten Best Endings of Books Made Into Movies
By Ariella Moon
1. Harry Potter (Entire Series) by J. K. Rowling
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3. Holes by Louis Sachar
4. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
5. Howl’s Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
6. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
7. Catch Me if You Can: The True Story of a Real Fake by Frank. W. Abagnale
8. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
9. Spirited Away by Hayao Miyzaki
10. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
I’d also add many of the movie adaptations of William Shakespeare’s plays, Ian Fleming’s Bond series, Jane Austen’s books, Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes series, and C.S. Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia.
Spell Fire, The Teen Wytche Saga #3
By Ariella Moon
New school. New friends. New reputation. High school sophomore Ainslie Avalon-Bennett works hard to hide her Crazy Girl past. But as long as her best friend’s disappearance remains unsolved, she can’t shake the depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder that once landed her in a mental ward.
Ainslie’s tenuous control over her life shatters when her warring parents ditch her at Christmas. While they take a cruise to “work things out,” Ainslie must spend the holiday in Palm Springs with her aunt and uncle, owners of a struggling Mystery School and occult store. Plunged into the world of fire fortunes, dragons, entity eaters, and an ailing spell book, Ainslie is well beyond her comfort zone. Then she meets a boy who spikes her pulse and calms her OCD. But will she lose him once he discovers her past? Or will his deadly secret, hidden in plain view, be their undoing?